If you spend longer than about 35 seconds in the online business world, you’ll come across at least one expert telling you you need this, that, those and the lifeblood of your first born child in order to succeed.
This article is pretty much me doing exactly that… but with a bit of a difference. Yes, I’ll be sharing the three things that I consider an absolute necessity (both in business and life), but I’ll also be hitting you with all the stuff you don’t need.
Let’s start with the “do” list.
Drive, Determination, Dedication… all the stuff we don’t hear too much about.
You will not build a sustainable online business (or offline business, for that matter) without it.
You need to be able to knuckle down, do the work, and occasionally make a few sacrifices to turn your dream into a reality.
YOU NEED THE SPARKLE.And no, I don’t mean the prancing unicorn/Snapchat filter/face glitter type of sparkle. I mean that thing that makes you interesting.
You need something that sets you apart, a point of difference. The only way to stand out online is to, well, stand out online. And that takes the kind of bravery you need to go against the grain.
Just say something, do something, BE something that isn’t exactly the same as everyone else. Running a business is about more than being “on trend”, it’s about being memorable and authentic..
This could be a signature way of working, it could be an innovatively packaged offer or it could be content infused with personality.
YOU NEED A BULLSHIT FILTER.I think this is the most important one, particularly if you’re not interested in going COMPLETELY INSANE.
You need to be able to wade through everyone else’s marketing messages and not just assume they’re truth. By all means, soak in content and training offered by people who know what they’re talking about, but exercise some independent thought at the same time.
Be the objective, intelligent individual that you are. Take on the tips then test and tweak. If they work, aces! If they don’t, discard. Nobody has the one-size-fits-all solution for every problem you’ve ever had – no matter what they say.
So those are things you NEED to rock your online business. Ready to read about the things you don’t need to get started and go, go, go?
Leave me a comment with something you would add to the "what you need" and "what you don't need" lists!
Thank-you for joining us, take a moment to scroll through and check out some great articles!!
Women Network differently men. Women connect and network on multiple levels including; children, family, business challenges, work life balance, etc. Most often than not, Women like to see other women succeed. There is still an acknowledgment of competitors although, with the preference of collaboration over competition. As women, we definitely do business with those we know, like and trust.
There is a variety of reasons that Women in Business attend networking events. There are those that they learn from, those that they enjoy social time with friends and like-minded women and those for more “Mastermind” Style networking; all of which are great reasons. To attract more success in business, you don’t have to network more; you just have to network more intentionally. This means becoming more focused, engaging, trusted, and memorable. Not necessarily with more people, but with the people that you trust, support and align with your intention/goals. Here are some ideas for Networking Success;
1. Know yourself. This is extremely important. This involves knowing your strengths, weaknesses, beliefs, passions, preferences, and traits. Being authentic is key!!!
2. Know what you want. If you are vague or unsure of your vision, intention, and goals, then you are likely drifting along. Clarity and focus go a long way to helping you become more memorable.
3. Be Intentional. If you know the list of attendees or have an idea of who will be attending a certain event, come up with at least 2 people that would like to speak to in a more in depth manner and choose to connect with them at the event.
4. Focus on Quality Connections. Rather than adding more new people to your network, invest some time identifying your most valuable connections; the ones who not only bring you referrals and opportunities, but also provide you with valuable insights, information, and support. Don’t forget the person/people that helped you get connected in the first place and support them back.
5. Focus on Quality Networking. Take a look at all your networking meetings, events, etc. Make a list of them and put them in categories of Connecting, Learning and Social. It’s okay to go to multiple networking meetings, just know which ones are for fun, which ones help you build skills to build your business and which ones are for connections.
6. Give First. Show genuine interest in other people by being the first to say hello, offering a professional handshake, and engaging in friendly conversation. Ask questions that show interest. Then take the time to actively listen to what others have to say.
By Tracee Sheldrake
But, what is success?
We all want success right? But, what is success?
We live in a world that believes that success is measured by money, by the material things that we have, but the reality is that success should be measured by what each one of us wants.
If I was to measure myself based on what my competitors are doing, then I guess I am not doing a very good job of reaching success because I don’t make the money that the top social media people make. I don’t have the following of the masses that allows me to launch a new program and sell 10,000 of them in one day.
BUT for me, that is NOT success. Success for me is being able to live a good life, to provide for my family, to be able to travel, to live, to be recognized by those who have built relationships with me, to be referred by people who believe in what I have to offer.
To reach the dollar value that is expected by society, is not something that I feel I can reach because of the current world we live in. Let me explain. We are now living in a technology world, social media world, and I don’t have the thousands of dollars to invest each month into getting my name out there. I don’t have the money to invest in Google to push me to the top. I don’t have the money to invest in Social Media Ads that are going to reach the masses. I can afford to invest my time in building relationships online, in person through networking and in smaller Ads to reach a minimal number of people. This means that if I can’t reach the masses then how can I become someone like a Tony Robbins?
My success is because of those who follow me, trust me, refer me, who purchase my products/services because they know that I provide valuable content, that I teach them how they can work towards success at a level they can achieve. I don’t sell the possibility of bringing you to success of making more than a 6 figure income, I sell the reality that for us small business owners, we achieve the success that we can achieve.
I know that my content is valuable and I know that I can help others, but reaching and selling that to the masses is not an easy task because they don’t know me, they haven’t met me, they haven’t learned from me, they haven’t been referred to me. I am grateful for those who continue to support me and believe in what I can help them with.
So remember, determine what your level of success is. Stop comparing yourself to your competitors, and bring the value, the relationship, the honesty, the trust, to your market. I know that you can achieve success based on what you want to achieve.